//meta tags // // //end metatags The National Book Digest: I'm Happy for You (Sort of...Not Really): Finding Contentment in a Culture of Comparison by Kay Wills Wyma

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I'm Happy for You (Sort of...Not Really): Finding Contentment in a Culture of Comparison by Kay Wills Wyma

Kay Wills Wyma does an incredible job of putting into words what happens in all of our minds at one time or another (realistically, more often than not). Her writing is like you are have conversation with her over coffee, her humor makes you chuckle out loud and her honesty allows you to say, "thank goodness I am not the only one who feels this way." If everyone would read this book, we would all find such freedom in our differences, such grace in our shortcomings and such humility in our strengths. Imagine how our relationships with eachother (and ourselves) would change! 

What a fun read and help for life in the process! Ms Wyma takes us on a walk up the comparison trail and brings us with openness and laughter to realize we are on it and it is affecting our life negatively. Yet, not to worry, we learn we are not alone and many tips for letting go of comparison walking instead into compassion and contentment.For a book that majorly kicked my hind end around with it's  message, this was a lot of fun to read! Kay Wills Wyma writes with both heart and humor, and that makes the medicine of the message go down a lot easier! Maybe you're like me...you can't really think of any Jones's you're trying to keep up with. I mean, we don't have new cars of a bright, shiny house, but I'm happy and content with my lot in life. At least, I thought I was....

No comments:

Post a Comment